Creating a Google Account for Edumail users

1.    Go to the Google Apps Edumail domain by typing “www.google.com/a/edumail.vic.gov.au” into your browser address bar (or use a desktop shortcut or bookmark to get there instead).

2.    Choose “create an account here” (lower left of screen) and complete the steps that follow.

3.    Check your edumail account, click on the confirmation link and you’ll be taken to a Google webpage confirmring that your email address has been verified.  Then choose “Click here to continue” and you’ll be able to use Google Apps to communicate, share and collaborate with colleagues who use Edumail.

UPDATE: Google closed “Google Apps for Teams”, the system being used by DEECD. Fortunately, there is an even better alternative for Edumail users – Google Apps for Education (GAFE). With GAFE you can even redirect your edumail to your Google Apps account and have all the convenience and portability of gmail for your professional communications.

4 thoughts on “Creating a Google Account for Edumail users

1. Hi! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted
    to give a quick shout out and tell you I really
    enjoy reading your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums
    that cover the same topics? Thank you so much!

2. Hi, I do think your blog could be having internet browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in IE,
    it has some overlapping issues. I just wanted to provide you with a
    quick heads up! Apart from that, wonderful site!