In addition to using one or more Google calendars for yourself, it’s easy to create additional calendars to share with others. This is especially useful for school staff who can access and update a shared school calendar anywhere and anytime provided they can find a computer/phone etc with Internet access.
Under ‘My Calendars’ choose ‘Add’, then complete the calendar details as shown below:
1. Enter the name of the school calendar
2. Enter a description for the calendar (optional)
3. Check that the country and time zone are correct
4. Select ‘Make changes AND manage sharing’ or ‘Make changes to events’ from the drop down menu under ‘Permission Settings’
5. Enter the email address of the person you wish to share the calendar with and choose ‘Add Person’ or select the person’s email address if it is recognised as you type. Do this for each person you wish to share the calendar with.
6. Choose ‘Create Calendar’